We value your privacy and the security of your data is extremely important to us.
This policy sets out where and how we collect your personal information and how it will be used, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you. Your use of this website is governed by our Terms and Conditions. Please ensure you have read and understood them in addition to this policy.
This website and the Tu mobile application is operated by Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT, Company Registration Number: 3261722, VAT number: 660 4548 36. Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd is registered as a data controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. Details can be found at www.ico.gov.uk under number Z4722394.
Our promise to you
We respect, and are committed to protecting your privacy and will always process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act and any other relevant legislation. We will not sell any information that identifies you to any third party without your consent and any information you give to Sainsbury’s will be held with the utmost care and security.
What sorts of information do we collect?
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, location, telephone number, email address and payment card details.
- Information about the products and services you purchase from us.
- Information such as your computer’s IP address and anonymous information collected from cookies when you are browsing our website.
- Information from other sources like credit reference agencies, the DVLA and social media providers.
How we will use the information?
The information we collect may be used to:
- Process your orders;
- Allocate Nectar points if appropriate;
- To enable you to use location based services;
- Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud;
- Conduct market research;
- Conduct statistical analysis;
- Help us understand more about you as a customer so we can serve you better;
- Help us to develop this website to make your shopping easier in the future;
- Contact you about our products and services if you’ve consented;
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have raised.
Who might we share your information with?
- Our other Sainsbury’s companies - so we can provide you with a high quality service across our brand.
- Reputable partners, suppliers or agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf…but only where they meet our strict standards on the processing of data and security!
- To allocate Nectar points, we will pass limited information to Aimia Coalition Loyalty Limited who operates the Nectar programme. - New Sainsbury’s companies that we may develop in the future, either on our own or with others.
International transfers of your data
Keeping you informed about Sainsbury’s products and services
The information we communicate to you may be sent by email, SMS, social media, push notification, post or via telephone provided you have consented to us doing so. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences you can do so by clicking on my account and following the directions or by calling our Customer Care Team on 0800 028 6658.
In addition to the company's safeguards, your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act. This provides, among other things, that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies. Should you wish to see any of the information held about you, please write to The Data Protection Manager, Sainsbury’s Legal Services, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT.
Links to other websites
Sharing your thoughts on our products